Singalong

So, here we are at our new home. Or at least here G is, asleep in her pram on the porch of our new home, at Dobcross in Saddleworth. The move itself was a bit of a production, with removal men that didn't turn up and Mrs J coming down with the lurgy, but it was all good in the end, even though most of our stuff is still in boxes.

Today I walked down the road to Uppermill, the nearest bigger village, to go to my first-ever mothers and toddlers group. It was a sing-along-with-baby sort of idea. Inevitably, once everyone was sat down I realised there were 18 babies, 18 mums, G and me. It wasn't too off-putting though, and I managed to get through it without doing anything that would lead to an outbreak of tutting, such as forgetting to warm up G's feed, or dropping her onto the floor. I'll go again next week.

In case you're wondering about the exact location of Dobcross, here's a mile post handily situated more or less outside our house. It reveals that we're almost equidistant between Manchester and Huddersfield:
But I don't fancy rushing back to the city this weekend, even if the shopping is better. There's plenty to explore around here. Not to mention a lot of boxes to unpack.

8 comments:

Kat said...

perhaps I'll pop in for a cuppa and cuddle (Gwenno, not you!) next time we're up in Ashton. All the best, Kat

Richard said...

That would be lovely. It's only up the road. Six and a half miles in fact, and we all know the mile post never lies.

Anonymous said...

I think the first commenter let the 'G' name out of the bag!

Richard said...

Ha! Her name isn't exactly a state secret. I don't mind it popping up here and there, just trying to avoid plastering it all over the place. Just in case she objects when she grows up a bit, like.

Dan said...

Huddersfield is far superior to Manchester of course.

innr said...

Her address isn't exactly a state secret now either, after that photo :)

innr said...

Oh, and this is Anna, in case you hadn't realised and were worrying I was some sort of anonymous baby-stalker!

Richard said...

Haha, anonymous baby stalkers are fine! The first person to work out where we live from the photos above and knock on our front door can claim a free cup of tea. And a biscuit, if I'm feeling generous.